Monday, January 21, 2008

Web 2.0

I liked this video, but it is a tad scary some things it shed light on. In my opinion I think the subject “Web 2.0” means that the internet is used for a lot of other things now, not just the traditional stuff. It is now being used for networking, more intense file sharing, and even sketchy, illegal things that a lot of bad people do to take advantage of other people. I had never thought about how the internet could affect new people trying to enter the workforce before but I definitely think it does now after seeing this video. Facebook alone is basically affecting everyone in a million kinds of ways. But in businesses in particular it is affecting it a lot. People can now have video conferences with the touch of the button or business data and information sharing could not be easier. It affects people already in the workplace because it allows for clients and other people to have meetings no matter where they are in the world. The part of the clip I agree with the most is that we need to rethink everything. If we are not careful, the internet could become out of control and the biggest weapon for anyone to use.

No comments: