Sunday, April 13, 2008

Unethical Issues

I am sure every blog you have read has said this same thing about the stats, those are crazy! I would have never thought that 3 in 4 full time workers would encounter "ethical lapses" or that 1 in 10 believe a scandal or ethical lapse is going on at their company right now! I can definitely understand the being distracted stat because of course people are going to be distracted when they see or hear about the shady stuff going on at their work. They could be worried about stock plans or job loss. I was also a little bit surprised at the division of people's thoughts on how to handle the situations that arise. I would never think to handle some unethical action myself. I would always take it to my supervisor or manager because being caught up in something like that is the last thing I would need. I also understand why people choose not to report the issues because the system of reporting is not adequate.

No comments: